Shout Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come, hang out, and shout out!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Empty
PostSubject: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 pm

I just had an idea. Wow. How about KH cosplay? =]

Last edited by Aerith on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:20 am

lawl. that would be fun. although, if someone was sora, HOW MUCH HAIR GEL WOULD SOMEONE USE
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:56 pm

A lot. What about just Organization XIII members? xD

If we did KH, who would you want to be?
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 pm

uhhhhhh

I DUNNO. XD
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Ok, you're Goofy then. =P j/k
I've wanted to do KH cosplay since I was like, 13. Woooo...
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm

I'd probably be Kairi or something. XD

Although, I'd like to be Roxas for some reason. The Organization XIII robed Roxas. XD
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Roxas is awesome, I could see you as Kairi too.

I'll be anyone, I'm just happy to have someone to cosplay with really. =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, I found these pictures of someone (with the same wig I have) trying to do Roxas, and it looks okay.

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Stuff017

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Stuff016

But there is a problem, mine is white~

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Scruffy-white-front

Is there a way I could dye it Roxas's color? Since we're not doing DN, I don't mind at all.

I found this article: http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-a-Wig-Using-Acrylic-Paint

So if I go by this picture:

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Roxas

Maybe like this Roxas's wig?

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Bilder014

I could buy some sort of yellow acrylic paint and dye the wig?

So one of us could be Roxas if all of the above worked out. ^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Organization XIII costumes are really expensive, though. I checked Ebay and found a bunch but they're all around $100 and up...*sigh*

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] XXX
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Holy cowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Maybe it could go on my list. My resolution is to make 3 costumes this year and there's an open space for the 3rd. and it would be kinda like Kaito only longer...

Heywaitwe'renot? o_o

If we go to the mall, I'm going as L anyways. 8D
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:57 pm

I thought you said you'd get in trouble if we did DN cosplay, that's all. =]
I'll make the same resolution, then. I've decided to make a coat instead of buying one, so I'll post everything I've found here!

VERY Helpful Tutorial sites:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=117394
http://nobodysbuddy.blogspot.com/

I'd want giant zippers on mine, so here's a site:

http://orgxiii.org/zippers/

Reference pic:

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Unknown9mndt6

This person's looks perfect, I'd want mine to look like it:

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] 3078541725_cd74e8f331
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:17 am

What fabric should be used, though. Leather's expensive and difficult to sew...
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 am

As for the white wig issue, there are a few characters with white hair. But you likely knew that. X3
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 am

Mikami wrote:
What fabric should be used, though. Leather's expensive and difficult to sew...

Quoted from first site (Cosplay.com):

"Fabric
Notes: Coat fabric can be chosen to preference depending on whether one is following the game renders or the movie sequences. ^.^ Fabric should at least resemble light denim in thickness to give the correct drape and a good life span. Approximately 5 yards seems to be the recommended allotment. As far as sewing ease, all of the following fabrics have been tested and found to be easy enough to work with. ^.^

SY Fabrics Vinyl - 5.50$usd per yard. Looks just like matte leather, has a two-way stretch, durable thickness, and gives the appearance of Roxas' coat in Deep Dive.
Stretch Pleather - 8.00$usd per yard. Looks just like leather and has good flow, plus stretch. Also similar to the coats in Deep Dive.
Twill/Bottomweight Cotton - ~6$usd per yard. Available at most fabric stores. Can be purchased as stretchy or non, but is thick enough to use effectively. Similar to game-renders.
Suede - ~10$usd per yard. Available at most fabric stores. Also can be found in stretchy or non. Would be a nicer alternative to Twill/Bottomweight Cotton, and gives the exact appearance of the in-game renders.
Moleskin - ~5$usd per yard. Available at most fabric stores, and is very similar to suede but is a little thinner. This makes it somewhat easier to work with (though be careful, as its slippery), but also more prone to more wrinkles when worn (and thus lining is recommended.) "

Yeah I pretty much live in a KH world, so this is exciting. ^.^
My wig is really short so it wouldn't work for Riku or Ansem. >.< It's supposed to be worn as is and not spiked up, cuz you can see the netting underneath so that sucks...
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:08 pm

If you like, smoothed it down, it looks like it COULD work as Riku. And you could wear a funky black blindfold. WHEEHEE I'M BLIND.

And what about Zexion? XD

I'd likely just dye my hair pink and grow it out again. MARLUXIA, PHEAR
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:56 pm

That wig head is actually really small, unfortunately. X[ The wig is extremely short...

I bought some yellow acrylic paint earlier this evening so I will try dying it tomorrow. =D
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Ahaha.

if I dyed mine and messed with the bangs it might look larxene-ish, but I'd rather be Marluxia as he has an epic scythe. =D
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:42 pm

That would be cool, Marluxia>Larxene for sure. =]

Turns out my wig is not even thick enough to spike, so Idk what to do... I'll have to get a whole new wig if I want to do anyone other than Near! X[

I found a Roxas wig tutorial:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=97834

That wig is expensive though...
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Feh. I kinda want a pink one anyways, but maybe the hair part should come after the costume itself, since the robes are kinda elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Okay, that's a good idea. Thanks! I'll just focus on getting the robe thingy done right now- even though the wigs are the most fun part... =]

So have you started yet?
Picked out the fabric?

It would be cool to use the same fabric as you, we'd match better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:49 pm

... no >.>

First, I need my grandma to give me a tutorial on how to sew stuff. X3

THEN all that. XD

and I probably need to measure myself again. cuz the most recent are likely a bit inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 pm

I have a lot to do too xD This could take a really long time, but we have a while for the con so don't worry about that.
I talked to my mom about it and she said she'd take me to the Charlotte one, and of course I'm not going without you! ^.^ I think it's in May.
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 pm

That gives me four months to talk my mom into it.

oh, joy.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh, your mom wouldn't let you go?

What if Jordan came along?
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:06 pm

She said she has to research it.

BUT I GOT A MAYBE!!! =D

And there might be even more chance if he came.

Wait, which con is it? Animazement?
Back to top Go down
Axel
Admin
Admin
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Animazement is in Raleigh, I checked the calendar and it's called ConCarolinas in Charlotte. ^_^

We'll get Jordan to come then, cuz I'm not going without you! X[
Back to top Go down
Marluxia

Marluxia

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Ahahahahahahaha. YESSSSSSSS.

Yeah, from videos, it looks like it's about the same maturity level you need to sit where I do at lunch.

I'm forced to, k?

today's quote: "Do you like butter on your muffin?" -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]   Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh. My. Goodness. [KH Cosplay]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next